Friday, January 11, 2019

January 11th Intro

President Uchtdorf has said that "Great marriages are built, brick by brick, day after day, over a lifetime." Sometimes I think people, including me, think that marriage should be perfect from the get-go, and that if its not there is a fundamental problem. However if you stop to think about it, anything that is usually of great worth takes a lot of work. Our testimonies, our education and relationships are just a few examples of priceless things that take effort and work to build and reap benefits from.
My mother passed away suddenly a few weeks before I was 16, I am the youngest of 8 children and my parents had been married for 32 years when she died. The devastation her death brought to our family was real and had a huge impact but our knowledge of eternal life softened the blow. I know that my sometimes my parents struggled, life got in the way, finances, disagreements but overall I knew that their commitment to each other and common goal of eternal life exceeding their trials. I've tried hard to model my marriage after this thought, that each day we build a little more to our relationship, somedays we may need to remove a broken "brick" but overall we're building a strong and sturdy marriage.

No comments:

Post a Comment

In-law Relations

I was very blessed in the department of in laws, especially mother in laws. Part of this I think has to do with the fact that sense my moth...